Typical suggested starting dose: 1 mg – 5 mg per 10 lbs. of bodyweight
Can be given from a dropper bottle directly to the middle of the tongue or back of the cheek/gumline, added to food, dropped on a treat, rubbed into bare skin or inside the ears, or dropped on an animal's paw so they will lick it off.
Experts suggest to start with a dose on the low end of the range. They say changes usually occur within 30 minutes. If there is no change after an hour, increase the dosage. Occasionally improvements will take more than one treatment. To control pain, give approximately every 8 hours. For other uses, or to break unwanted behavior patterns, give once or twice a day.
Some situations that HEMP OIL may help ease:
- pacing or inability to settle or relax
- fear of thunderstorms, fireworks or loud noises
- grumpiness or aggression toward another animal
- multi-animal households
- poor appetite
- constant hiding
- fear of litter box
- eating inappropriate objects
- crying with no apparent cause
- trips to the vet or riding in the car
- distress from a change in the environment
- grumpiness or aggression with another animal